Monday, March 30, 2015

Wedding- Derlis and Jennifer

Last week I had to joy of being able to help my G-mate Jennifer celebrate her wedding to Derlis.  Jennifer and I have been friends since the start of this crazy life we call Peace Corps and we were neighbors during our first ten weeks of training and have been friends ever since.  Who would have thought that just about a year and a half being here that she would have found her soul mate?  Long story short I guess is that she found the man of her dreams and it was such a great and fun trip to her site and a wonderful wedding celebration.  It was also great to see so many other PCV's come out to help her celebrate so it was also great to get caught up with all of them.  Below you will be able to see a few pictures of our adventures.

In order to get to Jennifer’s site, I met my boyfriend Alcides and we had a wonderful afternoon exploring Villarica and getting up close and personal with the carpinchos, which are the world’s largest rodent!

Just a picture of Jennifer and I together in her gorgeous wedding dress!

Alcides and I hanging out waiting for the reception to get started.  

The wedding cake with a beautiful WillowTree cake topper.  I also loved the fall colors that Jennifer had as her theme.  

The asado or BBQ meat cooking over a very large pit in the ground with plenty of charcoal.  

The pig cooking over the fire which was actually a fabulous gift to them from another want of my G-mates.  

The stunning couple during their first dance.

The main table with the cake and candles fully decorated with party favor bubbles with their names on it.  

A picture of the four of us together, and they both looks so happy together!

Cutting the cake which she proceeded to smear all over his face, great job Jenn!

As I am sitting here writing this my community is getting into Easter mode, which here is vastly more celebrated than I have ever seen in the US.  We started out today killing a pig at my house mom’s house and then will be making chipa later this week with large celebrations on Thursday and Friday.  Stay tuned for more photos and stories.  I pray that you all have a very blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment