Monday, May 19, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Well after eight months living with a host family, I have moved into my own place.  I can't tell you how great it is to have my own space. I loved living with host families but, it was way past time to move out.  I hope you enjoy the pictures below as much as I do!
This is a picture from my back porch looking out at my patio outside as well as my clothes line.  I think I will be spending a lot of time here come summer since it is shaded in the afternoon and has a constant breeze.

This is a side photo of my new beautiful garden that Thad and I worked hard on all week.  It is amazing how long it takes to do stuff without a tiller and other equipment, but we got it done.  We also got my first compost pile up and going.  Now I will begin making my raised beds and putting in my plants that I am growing in tubes right now.

Front view of my house with the garden and you can see the new curtains I sewed together.

This is the other side of my garden and you can see the rose bush we worked hard to save.


These pictures are of my patio with my wonderful hammock hung up.


This is once again a picture of my back patio with my makeshift greenhouse/plant holder.  I started a bunch of seeds in toilet paper rolls in a fruit carton and have to keep them off the ground so the chickens will not eat them all so I used an old school desk that was in my house.

This is a picture of my kitchen.  I have a makeshift stand out of wood for my flour, sugar, etc. and then hung a line and clothes pinned my spices to it to hang down to use.  Also since I don't have a lot of storage space, I hung up my pots/pans with nails against the wall.  I have tried to make distinct rooms as best I could since it is one big open space.

This is looking into my work/study area where I have a big table to work off of (donated from one of my community members). All of my wonderful cards that have been sent down are hanging in the background.  Also notice the camo, deer/turkey, fish, and then duck/geese fabric that I have turned into curtains and a tablecloth.

This is looking from my study into the front entrance with my fridge, fan, and then an old cabinet left from the school that I put all of my work stuff in.  Also the cabinet is full of termites which keep leaving nice piles of sawdust everyday so if anyone has any ideas about how to get rid of them, help would be appreciated!

This is looking at the front of the house. I love my big chalk board so I decorated it with pictures, quotes, and then use it for a calendar and all my lists.

This is my bedroom with my dresser, bed, lots of wonderful pictures, and, of course, my STIHL banner so every morning when I wake up, I can see everyone's encouraging comments.

Well I hope you enjoyed a quick snapshot of my wonderful new home. I can't wait to see some of you come down to visit!  Also special thanks to Thad Porter for bringing me down many things from everyone at home, helping me get everything set up, put together, working, and decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment